Thursday, November 1, 2007

Unforgiven

Unforgiven was the second western that we watched in my art of film class. I liked the movie for some reasons, and strongly disliked it for others. It was more entertaining to me than stagtecoach, but still not the kind of movie that I would pick off of the shelf. There were a lot of cinimatic elements to Unforgiven that made it interesting to watch such as the lighting that casted a lot of shadows, and the character development (which I felt was absent in stagecoach), but I also wasn't very interested by the plot and the somewhat predictable ending. I don't think that the unneccesary killing of people is that entertaining, but then again im not much of a hardcore action fan. I like action that shows some skill within the fighting like martial arts. Shooting ten people in a row with a gun is just not that interesting to me.
Overall, Unforgiven was alright. I liked it better than stagecoach (since more that half of the characters actually seemed to have a purpose), and the camera shots and lighting were interesting, but as far as plot and entertainment go, it wasn't for me.

No comments: