Thursday, November 1, 2007

His Girl Friday

I liked His Girl Friday a lot. It kept my attention and I was excited to go back to class the next day to continue it. The two main characters were both equally funny and entertaining, and given the limited amount of camera tricks in the 40's, I thought it was pretty good cinimatically as well. A lot of the camera shots were long and steady, but that just showed the audience how great the actors were. At parts, it became a little frantic and frusterating because of all the confusion dealing with Hildy's new husband and the entire Earl Williams case, but that added to the comedy. It was probably my favorite movie that we have watched this year, but I think Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind might pass it by. I guess we'll have to see though!

1 comment:

Maggie B said...

I liked your blog and agree that many camera angels were simple to even out the complicated and fast paced acting.