Thursday, October 11, 2007

Stagecoach!

I don't think old western's are my thing. Stagecoach was everything a western should be, but for me it still wasn't enough. Like all westerns it was predictable, which isn't something that usually bothers me, but a little spicing up wouldn't have hurt. I found the characters and acting annoying. many of them only having one side to them. I didn't catch much character development and I didn't feel like we really got to know any of them. It would begin to have a emotional attatchment, but then a dumb line from Curly or a horse chase would interrupt. I mean don't get me wrong, the big chase seen was probably the best part of the movie, but I guess I'm just not for all of the fluff that surrounded all of the good parts.
Overall I'd give it a C+. Not unbearable, but one viewing is definitely enough.

2 comments:

Moon Unit said...

Emily this is the third review I have read tonight and I enjoyed reading yours more than others. You were honest and opinioated about how you felt about the movie and that was deinitiely a plus. You talked about the predictability of the film and I agree it was quite predictable but that is something that I typically dont enjoy in a film. That kind of takes the fun out of it for me. Your review was about a B+ I would say.

Maggie B said...

I thought your review was really good and I agree that there was no character development. This would have been hard though between all of the random fights and chase scenes.