Thursday, October 11, 2007

Citizen Kane!

I had mixed feelings about Citizen Kane. I really liked the cinematography portion of the film, and I thought that Orson Welles did a good job of coming up with ways to make shots and camera movements work. But the whole plot wasn't really for me. I thought that the "Rosebud" mystery was pretty exciting, but politics and opera don't exactly whip me into a frenzy. The acting from Kane was excellent and I loved the passion that he brought to the screen, but there were a few moments when I didn't view Susan as genuine. Overall it was alright. Again, the cinematography was interesting to watch, but with a different story, I think it could have been much better.
But I should also add that I missed a day, and watching it all split up probably didn't work to the movies advantage/potential.

No comments: