Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Coen Bro's

I loved this unit. We saw many sides of the Coen's with the three movies that we watched. Raising Arizona gave us a comedic look at the American Dream, Fargo gave us a northern Minnesota greed crime, and No Country for Old Men gave us a suspenseful and 'think what you want' masterpiece. I had never seen Raising Arizona or Fargo before this unit and No Country only once which is certainly not enough. I'm really glad that we decided to study the Coen's this year I think they really made a staple in what i've learned this year about film direction. I think it's great the way that they have the talent of keeping the audience engaged with the movie the entire way through. There was never a dull moment with the perfect blend of suspense, comedy, and cinematography in each film. Every time I think about each of the films I feel tempted to revisit them again for further analyzation, and I'm sure it won't belong until I finally give in.

1 comment:

JEFBARR said...

The Coen brothers are really good at mixing the right amount of things into their film, like what you said with the blending of comedy and suspense and such. That's part of why I enjoyed Fargo so much. Well, and Steve of course. Good ol' Steve. Such a handsome man.